RE: dude. help is needed bad!

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 11:01:13 EDT

Hey Dester, follow Sam's and Marty's advice on the rockers
and forget about the feeler gauges (Those are for SOLID lifters)
You have HYDRAULIC. Sounds like you've torqued the rockers to
20ft.lbs. when you should have torqued THE STUDS ONLY TO THE
HEAD. Your valves are wide open and I hope you didn't damage
anything. I'm in digest mode and couldn't respond fast enough.

Another way of doing this if all else fails is, crank the engine
and adjust each rocker until it quits tapping. This will get you
in the ball park, but by all means follow Sam's and Marty's advice
as this is a more accurate adjustment. You have to get the rockers
to 0 lash first, then adjust 1/4 to 1/2 turn past 0 lash. Feel free
to email me man, I've done this a million ways.

GS -