Re: Seatbelt question for any one who has bucket seats

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 14:46:36 EDT

> Hey after you put your buckets in What did you do with your seatbelts?
Did
> you get them to stand upright? I was wondering because mine just flop over
> when not being used. And also did you cut the second latch off on the
> passenger side or leave it?

Mark, here is what I did:
I completely removed the bench seatbelts, all of them. By all of them I mean
the floor mounted ones, not the shoulder belts. After I mounted and bolted
up my buckets, I sat in them to determine what setup would be the best, as
far as the floor mounted betls are concerned. As you may know, the floor
mounted seat belts have 'plastic sheaths' or 'plastic covers' over them,
probably to help the interior dress up a bit. Well I cut the plastic covers
off of them, both sides, and just let them 'flop' down when not in
use....simila to what you describe. Basically they a just laying down
whenever I am not driving, cause I always wear them while I am in my Dak.
Now the passenger's side floor mounted seeat belt acutally is two seat
belts, once again what you describe. The belts are actually sewn in to the
plastic covers, and you can just take a knife and cut off the sewing, and
pull the seat belts out. The passenger's side of course had two form the
factory bench seat, if you ever used the 'middle' area for a seat/middle
passenger. Back the the seat belt flop thing.....when I get my Tuffy Series
II Center Console in, it back built in seat belt straps, which will hold the
belts to the console, so they wont fall down between the bucket seat(s) and
the console. Hope this helped you out somewhat.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6