Re: Re: Battery relocation

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 14:38:05 EDT

Hey, all.

Some more suggestions that I've kept from Brad from over a year ago.
Hey, Brad ... are you out there???

Taylor/Vertex puts a relocation kit with big cables.

Moroso has a firewall terminal kit which has a threaded lug on each
side and the middle is insulated so that it can mounted in a hole
in a firewall or bracket. Fab up an L-shaped bracket near the stock
battery location, have a machine shop do a piece of brass shaped
like a positive battery terminal and attach that to one of lugs
so that all the stock wiring can be used ... run a cable to the other
lug to the + terminal of the relocated battery. Ground the relocated
battery to the frame at the back. Ground the engine to the frame
as a safety precaution.

No idea on the costs for the above two item or fabbing but sounded
like a super way to hook-up to me. Thanks, Brad ... wherever you are!

Now, to hook up a cut-out switch for the track that's neat and unobstrusive.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.