Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: dude. help is needed bad!

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 16:44:12 EDT

Mine make a little bit of noise, but nothing major... I am
going to recheck the setup this weekend while putting
headers on my wife's 4x4... They only make noise at
idle... and really, sound about the same as my wife's stock
5.2L OEM lifters.. I've put about 1500 miles+ on them..
and not one problem (except excessive rear tire wear)...

Sam '00 RT

--- "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@texas.net> wrote:
> Here's something to throw into the conversation:
>
> Originally on my 1.6:1 Crower install, I followed the
> instructions and set
> them to 0 + 1/2 turn. Lifters were clicking...so, I
> turned them to 3/4
> turn. Still clicking. Set them back to 0 + 1/4 and they
> quieted down (more
> than at 3/4 turn). Still a little noisy for my taste but
> rollers are
> slightly more noisy than stamped steel. So, I now run
> 5w50 Synthetic and
> the lifters don't tap anymore (very close to the stock
> clicking noise).
>
> Could just be the engine, lifters, or something in
> between, but i'm
> replacing the lifters with the Mopar Performance set
> ($130 for the set) this
> weekend since i'm pulling the intake and heads off
> anyway. I'll let
> everyone know if the clicking goes away on these.
>
> - Bernd

=====
Sam '00 RT
(14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444
Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com