RE: Pulleys (long)

From: Neal Arita (neal@heide-cook.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 22:01:07 EDT

Chris A.

I have the Jet 3-pulley set-up. This set-up utilizes the stock belt.
Voltage is around 11 volts at idle. I looked around for a higher
voltage
alt (priced around $300.00). Decided to put back the alt pulley and
keep the
crank and water-pump underdrive. I had a little problem finding the
correct
belt size, but I think I have it. I bought the belt, but haven't
changed the pulley back yet.

IMHO, there probably is not that much of a HP gain. I would believe
that an electric
fan set-up is a better investment. After I replace the pulley, I might
go for the electric
fan. I know some have put underdrive pulley set and elec fan, but with
the low voltage,
it's a matter of time that you'd need to replace the battery. (You'll
need a deep cycle battery.
Also, if you're running stereo system that draws a lot of amps, I
believe that you may have a
problem)

Neal Arita - from Hawaii
'97 CC, 5.2L, Auto