Re: Re: Backspacing

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 08:53:32 EDT

They do make tools for that which don't require an air compressor...just a
lot of elbow grease. They look like a very long, thick screw with three
"hooks" facing up and three facing down. You remove the shock and slip this
in to compress the spring. Make sure you DON'T use a strut
compressor...i've seen people use them and break the hooks off of the ends.
They're not designed for standard coil springs.

- Bernd