Spanks, touch-up question, shifting question, amp to factory stereo question

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@Roushind.com)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 13:05:03 EDT

1st: I was on my way to work yesterday morning when some guy pulled up next to me at a light with a old style F-150 Lightning. It was lowered and had a spoiler on the tail gate. He started revving, so I gave him the "lets go!" look. I held the brake with my left foot and got the RPM's up to about 1,500-1,800. The light changed and I launched like a rocket, with a small peep coming from the rear tires! He was about a truck and a half length behind me as I had to move into his lane in order to exit off the road. I merged in front of him and then I gave him a brake light tap as I turned off the road. Chalk one up to the big D!

2nd: I bought some used Dakota R/T rims off someone and one of them has a tiny scratch on it. It's not too bad (about a ½" long and maybe a 1/16" deep), but I guess I'm a perfectionist. Also, I figured if I'm going to spend $33K+ for a truck, it should look perfect. Does anyone know how to touch this up? Is there touch-up paint available for rims, if so where can I get some?

3rd: While driving my automatic, if I have the gear selector in "1" and shift to "2" and then to "D" does it cause any additional wear to my gear box/trans? I don't want to do it for daily driving, just for racing. It allows me to get the revs up slightly higher.

4th: I would like to hook up a Rockford Punch 60 amp to my factory stereo (Infinity sound system) to power my MTX Thunderform. I'm pretty sure the stock system isn't going to have RCA outputs, so I'd have to run the line level outputs. Do you think I will need some line level convertors? I don't want to hear any engine whine noise.

Thanks for the help guys/gals!

Chuck
'00 Flame Red Durango SLT+
5.9L, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, R/T wheels (Goodyear 275/60/R17)