Re[2]: Removing Driveshaft 101

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 19:57:56 EDT

<<I know when we pulled this on the old chevy 4x4s you had to lock the
transfer case into 4 high or you were'nt going anywhere not sure why we asked
the local chevy garage and they did'nt have an answer.>>

Man, that's really weird... My understanding is that when I am in 2wd the
front output shaft basically "free-wheels" inside the transfer case and the
only reason it spins is 'cause of the ring gear inside the front diff. that
turns the pinion gear. Therefore, it shouldn't care/know if there was a front
output shaft connected or not. If you had locking hubs on the chevy it may be
different but I just can't see how with a part-time T-Case or a Full-Time
T-Case for that matter.

Yo Peter C., DUDE, where are ya' when we need ya' man?! :-)
Tom