Re: Robert Trottmann Award for Valve Covers

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 00:11:20 EDT

Geez. did "The Rock" and "The Big Show" teach you how to torque bolts down?
The valve cover bolts only need about 7-15 pounds of torque (MAX!) I have
had a LOT of experience with my valve covers lately. from the beginning of
this week alone, I think I've removed and reinstalled it a MERE 6 times. but
next time, hold your ratchet way upon the head of the ratchet, This will
help ensure you don't over torque those little 11mm bolts.
-Dester

<< That's it. Hope I didn't damage my reputation to badly. This was a simple
 project gone extremely wrong. Hope some of you got a good laugh out of it.
 I know I did after reading the original "trottmann story". Catch you all
 later.
 Rich - Ashburn, VA