RE: Throttle body backfires

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 07:23:01 EDT

Hi Jon,
Try it again after it warms up. I think you'll find it is ok. One place
where I used to work has several stop and go's before reaching the street.
I would get to about the third or forth one when leaving for the day, and
the same thing would happen to me. "POP", this was a moderate backfire up
through the intake and TB, but very noticeable. This is the only place it
ever repetitively happened, so I believe there is a "critical region" during
warm-up where the conditions are just right for this to occur. Outside this
parking lot, I think it might have happened once.
Rich - Ashburn, VA
(your twin '96 CC 318)