Re: DML:Tonneau covers do save gas!!!!!! And increase driveability!!!

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 09:43:58 EDT

Fibreglass tonneaus don't really weigh that much. Maybe 100 pounds?
My old fibreglass cap for my full-size truck weighed less than 200 pounds
easily. So a flat piece of the material can't weigh that much.
And if you've ever seen a vinyl tonneau flapping on the highway, that is
pretty in terms of aerodynamics, so a solid, flat, surface for the air to
flow over has got to be the best thing available for gas mileage.

Frank WJ