Re: Cleaning your engine

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 18:18:45 EDT

Heather, I do the same. Some of the guys thought that my engine bay was
too clean when i was out at your place a few weeks ago; don't know if you
saw it or not. But, anyway, the Simple Green works rel well, just like
Bob says below~

Richard in San Antonio

On Fri, 07 Apr 2000 15:15:36 Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com> writes:

> I too use Simple Green ... amazing product ... don't have to worry
> about
> it and bad effects on rubber. I remove the air cleaner, cover the
> throttle
> body
> with a plastic bag, cover the computer and its 3 connectors
> with a plastic bag (more of a safety precaution), spray using the
> Simple
> Green bottle with nozzle set at FOAM, allow to stand for 3-5 min.,
> spray
> with garden hose and spray set at wide spread. Any heavy duty oil
> can be
> wiped off with an old rag. Use the air compressor and spray most of
> the
> H2O off (especially around the distributor and spark plug wires),
> reattach
> everything and run at idle until rest of water evaporates.
>
> Does a really good job. Smells good as well!!! Hope this helps.
>
> Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
> '97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.