Re: HOLLEY HELP!

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 20:52:13 EDT

At 06:03 PM 4/7/2000 , you wrote:
>i'm putting a holley 1850 (600cfm vac sec) on my 79 furd f-150 w/ 302, anbody
>tell me how to adjust this thing, what screws do what ect. thanks Paul Finley
>94 dak cc 4x4 V6 5spd,

Idle adjustment screw: when facing the engine, on the right side of the
carb, on the throttle shaft where the pedal linkage hooks up, the screw
that is facing front and horizontal with the carb. Turn clockwise to
increase idle RPM.

Primary jets: take out bottom right fuel bowl bolt, drain fuel into cup,
take remaining three bolts out, be careful when removing the fuel bowl to
keep the gaskets from breaking. Pull the metering block off, being careful
with the gasket, get the proper tool or a large flat screwdriver to remove
the jets. Replace gaskets if they look bad, reinstall. Same for secondary
jets.

I'm a little fuzzy on fast idle adjustment. I used a Holley for years and
have had an Edelbrock on for the last year and a half, fast idle adjustment
is a different on both. If memory serves, the fast idle adjustment on the
Holley is on the same side as the idle speed screw, except you have to open
the throttle plates almost wide open (engine off) and turn the screw
(different screw than idle screw) clockwise to increase fast idle
speed. If it's not, look behind the choke cap, between the choke cap and
carb body. Screw may be back there. I think That is on the Edelbrock,
almost sure. Wish I had my Ferd here to take a look. I miss horse power :)

Power valve is located on primary metering block. Use a large crescent
wrench or proper tool to remove/install.

What else you want to know?

Mike

mschwall@flash.net