Re: the 6er does NOT cover itself with glory

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 16:30:38 EDT

Hehehe... You are too cute, Flip! Truth be told, I think my first reaction
time was over a second so you are my hero in that regard. :-)
Tom

Subject: DML: the 6er does NOT cover itself with glory
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
Date: 4/8/00 1:15 PM

Today, I decided to take the 6er down to the dragstrip and see what
she'll do. Never been to a dragstrip before, so I was a little
nervous, but everyone was very nice, so I got up there for my 1st
run. Uhhh, oh! I'm supposed to go now! RT-.796 1/4-18.815 @ 74.83
I know she can do better. So round I go again. Rev her up, I'm
watching the lights- WHEEL SPIN! Starting to think I'm just gonna
sit there and spin till the next folks get staged, I put it in 2nd
and go. Mighty impressive RT-.989 (STOP LAUGHING!) 1/4-18.593 @77.39
3rd pass- FINALLY! RT-.521 1/4-17.878 @76.41
I decided it wasn't going to get much better, and I was tired, (who
knew driving 1/4 mile could be so exhausting), so I went home.
Fortunately, the honor of Dodge trucks was NOT up to me to uphold, as
I originally feared, because there was a racing Dakota there in the
Super Pro class who did a 10.06.
Flip
& the poky 6er
'98 Sport, 5sp, RC, SB, Intense Blue, 3.21 gears, open diff
Airaid intake, Gibson single side-exit catback exhaust.

I MEAN IT!! STOP LAUGHING NOW!!!

http://www.care2.com - Homebase for people who care about the Environment!