Splitfires & wires in!

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 23:08:33 EDT

Well, I installed the Splitfires(SF392C, one range colder) and Mallory 8mm
yellow Sprintwires today. Also removed the heatshields, and put Moroso
chrome/yellow wire loom trees on. Gapped the plugs at .050", and re-routed
the coil wire along the top of the valve cover as per the TSB. Can honestly
say that it seems to respond a little better, also idling at 650 up from 600,
but mainly those bright yellow wires look KILLER!! Also put on Mallory wire
markers, little color-matched shrink tubing with 1 thru 8 that go right on
the dist. cap terminal boots. They're about $5.
The wires were a bitch, 'cause they're universal, and I had to cut & crimp,
but they're now custom-fit to my engine. Nobody makes yellow custom-fit wires
for our Daks, so I made my own. Oh, by the way, none of this stopped the
pinging.

Kevin/NJ
99 CC V8 2wd auto
always addin' more......