Re: Different Drums on a 1993 2wd Dak...

From: Hemikota@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 16:37:21 EDT

NVMYDakota@aol.com writes:

<< Hey I was lookin up Brake Shoes for my truck when I see two different size
 listings, 9X2.5 and something bigger.. I measure mine, sure enough there the
 samaller ones, so my qustion is, would it be a simple swap to go to the
 bigger ones, and would the benifit be noticable...? I haven't the foggiest,
 the other is a 10X3.5 I think, that's a lot bigger, but would it jsut be a
 manner of the different shoes/drums???

There are the 10" drums and the 9" the shoes wont interchange, and your
backing plates, w/c's, mebbe the Ebrake cables, and hardware would have to be
replaced if you wanted to go to 10". I dont know, but the bolt spacing may be
different too. My 92 4x4 had 9" and the 00 4x4 has them too. I think the
10" drums came with the 9.25 rear and the 9" go with the 8.25.
You might be better off going to 4 wheel disc...like the Jeep GC. Then you
could have brakes of the beast! (rear pad # is 666).
Boog