Re: What`s up with my truck?

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 22:28:48 EDT

I wouldn't find that a bit acceptable. I basically have the same engine, but
mine's a 97 v6 auto CC. anyways. when your truck is running REALLY crappy,
is the fan clutch engaged. maybe that's not functioning right and making the
fan spin at full engine speed. it's too hard to say what it is. Try
running it on a scanner and see what comes up.

Pay close attention to IAT temp sensors, MAP sensors, O2 sensors, maybe
open/closed loop mode? just play with the thing. you might get something
figured out. Have you checked all your plug wires to see if they're in
tight? electricity is kinda weird with weather sometimes. ya never know.
could be that potatoe your next door neighbor's kid stuck in your exhaust.
-Dester

<< I`m willing to entertain any suggestions as to what the problem
 might be or how to determine whether it`s engine or transmission
 related.I have a Fluke 12 and I know how to use it!!It`s not brake
 related,because problem will come and go on the highway,not having
 touched the brake.Fluid levels are(seem)O.K.