Re: Whats a stock R/T run??

From: Sbak1320@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 08:27:12 EDT

In a message dated 4/9/00 10:02:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
popcorn123456@email.msn.com writes:

> have spanked a few of these with my Jeep now and was wondering what they
> run stock. I have seen lots run 15.8-16.0 but I have heard a few people say
> low 14s which seems kind of quick.The Jeep feels like about a 15.7 or so.

I'd think a 5.9 Jeep G.C. would have a slight edge on a Dak R/T when it comes
to a drag race (stock vs. stock). The Jeep is lighter by a few hundred pounds
even when compared to a regular cab, thanks to its uni-body frame
construction compared to the full frame of the Dak. Let's not forget the
advantage of the full time all wheel drive of the Jeep for off the line
traction. I remember reading a magazine road test on a 5.9 Jeep GC and
remember that the axle ratio was 3.73 : 1. Does anybody know if they were
avail. with 3.9 gearing??

 Shane Baker
'98 r/t rc ... on 5/15/98 it ran a 15.181 @ 90.25,
w/ a 2.273 60'. ( only 425 mi. on odometer and
the exact way it came off the showroom)