Re: K&N dissed at inspection/ TX inspection

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 12:41:20 EDT

The "Gas Cap Test" is an old test dating back to BAR-90. It amazes me that
they're still checking. We used to just check the restrictor place on the
filler neck to make sure that it's the correct size for the Unleaded
nozzles. (Yes, there was a difference on the pumps back then.) Hell, we
used to fail vehicles if they didn't have the TAC hose hooked up. (Talk
about strict regulations.)

They've been talking about the emissions testing in Austin and the
surrounding areas but it's been pushed back until 2001 for "re-evaluation".
Hehehe...can't wait until then...wonder what I need to "hide" under the hood
then. ;)

- Bernd