Re: QuickD Intake kit?

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 16:12:03 EDT

Hey all.

I was at Tony's about a week ago getting on of his intakes and modified
throttle bodies fitted to my 4.7 5 speed. Wow! Quite a difference. Really
woke the engine up and I'm not even runnuing an after market exhaust system
..... yet. Gonna go with a flowmaster 70 series dual out the rear I believe,
but that's another story.

We tried all the combinations (OEM TB w/ K&N intake, modified TB w/ OEM
intake and finally modified TB w/ K&N intake) and tested them on the
"around-the-block-butt-dyno". Yes you could feel the difference especially
on the high end. The combination of the two yielded the best results. The
TB and the K&N intake definately compliment one another.

The intake he sold me was the "short pipe" version that bolts directly to the
stock "air hat/resonator" once you remove the OEM air box and flex hose. He
is in the process of developing a "long pipe" version that will replace the
stock "air hat/resonator" as well. Aparently they are about equal in
performance.

I highly recomend the Quick-D. Tony has seen to it that this is a quality
product without a lot of hype. It works.

-Andrew
aajaynefour@cs.com