Re: Re: MPI & tstat

From: TEDSDAKOTA@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 19:29:11 EDT

In a message dated 4/10/2000 4:28:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
fast4x4@bellsouth.net writes:

<< I've had big problems finding a 180F tstat, I think I finally got the upper
 rad hose from the '93 truck, had to go to the dealer (and they had to order
 it...) was gonna get the tstat from the dealer as well, but figgured I'd be
 savin cash to go somewhere else

 Jon Smith

   I ordered my thermostat for a '73 Barracuda with a 340. Got the
thermostat housing for the same. The thermostat worked fine and I'm still
using it. The housing on the other hand
wasn't as nice as I wanted. I opted for a chrome Chevy o-ringed thermostat
housing. I purchased it off the shelf at the local Autozone (or was it Pep
Boys or Advanced - they all have
it). Anyway, the Chevy piece worked fine even without a gasked due to the
o-ring seal. I've put at least 2000 miles on her so far without even a drop
of leaking coolant.

                    Thanks, Ted O.