Re: K&N dissed at inspection

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 21:20:47 EDT

Thanks, Alan. I sure hope it doesn't get there but the air quality is
going down. We get a lot of crap from Corpus or Mexico or Houston
refineries depending upon the way the wind is blowing. Of course, the
easy political answer is stick it to the consumer; say that cars must be
cleaner, don't try to make the refineries cleaner. Make the consumer use
gasoline with MTBE that gets less miles per gallon and costs more. We
almost got to that point but then the gov't figured out that MTBE ruins
ground water forever, and gee, that's where all of our water comes from
here.

Thanks for the info.

Richard

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:25:09 -0700 Alan Short <ashort@flash.net> writes:
> Richard A Pyburn wrote:
> >
> > Alan:
> >
> > Not doubting you, but when did this start? I've always gone to the
> > JiffyLoob around the corner and never had a problem. THey never
> even look
> > under the hood,
> >
> > Richard in San Antonio
>
> San Antonio doesn't have a smog problem like Dallas and Houston.
> Hopefully you'll never HAVE to pop the hood! Lucky dog!
> We've had tailpipe sniffers for at least 10 years, probably more.
> Outside Dallas County, it's about the same kind of inspection as
> what
> you have in S.A., just a visual/safety inspection.
> Oh, and by the way, if your vehicle is registered in Dallas County,
> you
> have to get it inspected here. You can't just go outside the County
> and
> get a visual/safety inspection.
> Alan S.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!