Re: Got the Powertrax No-Slip Installed !! (Neal)

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 07:33:40 EDT

<<One word to describe it: WOW !!

Got the No-Slip installed today and drove it around.
It does feel different. I'm now worried if it rains and
my wife drive the Dak...>>

Why? Afraid she won't give it back?! hehehe

<<Thanks Tom for the "hot-scoop" on this No-slip. It's
worth the $. So far, no loud noises. There is a soft
clunk during a sharp turn in a parking lot, otherwise
not as loud as thought there would be.>>

Yup, that's been my experience so far and the unit (and
the driver) does "break-in" and seems to get quieter
over time. Just curious though, do you get a big clunk
when shifting from drive to reverse?

<<Tom, how do you think the No-slip will act towing a
trailer in a turn, up a hill, in the rain? My guess is that
I may spin the rear.>>

I haven't towed with mine yet so I'll defer to Gary's post
on that... The bottom line is you will now have two driven
wheels instead of just one in slick conditions so you're way
ahead of the game...

<<Bob T., Canada has mail service? (HaHaHa) we still have
grass shacks and hula girls here...;) e-mail me your address
privately and if you want, I'll send you some macadamia
nuts and canned pineapples (via mail).>>

Ya' have to be a Canadian to get macadamia nuts and piny-apples? Sheesh! ;-)
J/K.

Enjoy!
Tom