Re: need top end RE: Chris- Bob

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 20:08:48 EDT

At 05:37 PM 4/11/00 EDT, you wrote:
>I have a flowmaster 2 chamber with duals out the back cat back on it now but
>it has 2.5" pipes. Could the small pipes hurt it? Should i go to a bigger
>pipe?

I would say that the 2.5" is aok. If you saw Matt's dyno of his 4.7L,
you'll see that hp peaks very early in the rpm band. This indicates
to me that the 4.7L is a low end to low middle setup. Going to larger
size pipes only benefits upper middle and top end generally.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.