Re: Manual tranny fluid attn: Mike Schwall

From: mschwall@flash.net
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 12:52:47 EDT

On Wed Apr 12 10:39:03 2000, dakota-truck@buffnet.net wrote:

> Mike,
> I installed Mobil1 75w90 in my 97 V6 with the AX-15 a couple
> of years ago. CHUNKY is how I would discribe going from 1st
> to 2nd. It took about a mile of driving before it loosened up. I traded
> it in in '98 for the V8 and have been running a mixture of Redline
> MTL and Mopar fluid. I would suggest using the MTL ,the MT-90
> or maybe talk to Redline about it.
>
> GS -

Hmm, interesting. What's the point of going synthetic, if you still have to use
regular dino? Makes no sense why they couldn't design a manual transmission
like everyone else and work fine with a synthetic oil.

Anyway, thanks, and will post what I find after taking with a couple synthetic
oil manufacturers.

Thanks again,

Mike Schwall