Re: Re: Re: 1st tango w/ the MPI ;-)

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 14:14:34 EDT

I hear ya, Jon and I agree whole-heatedly. I whooped the a$$ off of a new
SS Camaro the other day! It was great! He was so pissed when he caught up
to me at a red light. I didn't bother posting it because I was sure I'd
hear the usual excuses from people who love camaros and didn't see how
hard this guy tried yet couldn't get closer than the back bumper with his
ultra-low, aerodynamic vehicle against a cinder-block shaped pickup truck
that looks like some farmer owns it.

Yeeeeehaw!

Richard in San Antonio

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:30:33 -0400 "Jon Smith" <fast4x4@bellsouth.net>
writes:
> Well as a pickup man, I find it absofuckinlutely hilarious when I
> even stay
> near a muscle car. I don't recall saying anything about beating it,
> not
> sure where you assumed that from... My point is a 4x4 vs. a c4,
> yeah he was
> leaving me past 60mph, but it wasn't by much. And you know how that
> vette
> driver was driving? Interesting, don't recall you being there...
> but oh
> well. He was trying more than "playing with me" as I do believe I
> know what
> an LT1 at WOT sounds like. Interesting how some people can read
> something
> which was not actually written.
>

> > As a Corvette owner, I wouldn't plan on beating late models C4's
> unless
> you
> > plan on some serious mods. Mine turns 0-60 at 4.7 and the 1/4 mile
> around
> > 12.9 seconds in stock trim.
> >
> > I know when a pickup truck tries playing with me when I'm in my
> Vette
> > (surprising how many actually do), I usually do exactly what that
> Vette
> > driver did with you. Just barely stay ahead of them so that they
> think
> they
> > are keeping up with a Vette :-)!
> >
> > See ya,