Fishing Rod Holders

From: Slakies (Slakie@erols.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 19:50:15 EDT

I am starting to think about vacation and driving my 2000 Dak 4x4 on the
beach and doing some surf fishing at the outer banks of North Carolina. For
the past 2 years I have had a Ram for this adventure and I had rigged up a
2x8 board with PVC pipe, which attached to the front bumper to hold 4
fishing rods. I looked at my Dak recently and I don't see a good way of
attaching my 2x8 to the Dak bumper to hold my rods. Has anyone out there
encountered this and have any recommendations. I know down in Wanchese,
just outside of Manteo, NC they make metal rod holders that can somehow
attach to the frame; I saw one guy with a Ram last year that had a receiver
hitch mounted to the front frame and the metal fishing rod holder mounted to
it, this was a great set up because it allowed him to remove the metal rod
holder from the receiver when it wasn't being used. Appreciate any help or
advice anyone can provide.

Ron
Springfield, VA