Whammy jammy tranny

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 21:30:24 EDT

Hey folks, I've got bad news here.... the tranny went waaaaay south on me
today. Damn thing acted like it was losing traction. Rev's went way up at
the 2-3 shift, and never shifted to 3rd. Backed off the gas, and it shifted
to 3rd. I'm not sure what happened to 4th gear (it never got there)! It was
raining here today, so that added to the fun and excitement. I limped her
home and got into the dealership late this afternoon. Hopefully all will be
fixed in a couple days and I'll have my pride and joy back. They are
supposed to check the rear end also for that "whine" I've been complaining
about. Shop guy said it's pretty common for the clutch packs to go out. I
always thought the 727 Torqueflite was bulletproof, and thought I had a
variation of that tranny with an overdrive.

Plenty of clean tranny fluid at the "full" mark, so I guess it's just tired.
  I'll keep you all posted!

Brett
'94 Dak Sport CC indadamnshop!