Re[2]:RE: RE: The Lawman Anti-Theft Device

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 11:28:46 EDT

My read on alarms and stuff is the more the merrier (it can be taken too far
though) to deter the average punk kid out for kicks or your radio. If a pro
really wants it, it's as good as gone unless you sleep in your truck. Even if
you sleep in it, you may wake up on the other side of town. ;-) With that said
I gotta believe that a pro wants to go for the easiest target so in the best
case he/she may think twice and grab somebody else's vehicle.

For the steering wheel lock, yeah, you typically need to take the pressure off
to turn the key... I've been in some rigs that this is a real b*tch but my Kota
isn't bad.
Tom