Re: Re: [off topic] those corvette times are BS

From: bclark@vitts.com
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 19:23:31 EDT

Yup all Grand Sports came with the LT4 and and 96 model with a manual tranny
came with the LT4. The Grand Sports (only a 1000 made) were only built in 96
since it was the C4's last year. Any 96 auto came with the LT1 engine. GM
marketing says the LT4 product about 330 HP, but many people I know who have
LT4's and ran dyno test on them found them to be putting out about 380 HP in
stock form.

GM had to downplay the figure, because the C5 was coming out the next year
with the LS1 and it was putting out only 345 HP. So as you can see a new
model putting out less HP then a previous year didn't look good for
marketing.

They really are great cars and I do question people when they write
questionable stories. Not that I doubt them, some of the older C4's are kind
of slow, the 84 to 87 model years.

But to include some Dak content if you ever come across a vette in on snowy
day for us with 4X4's you will eat the vette up :-)

Sorry for the GM plug, but Dak and Vette sit next to each other in the drive
and don't complain :-)

Happy Mudding,
Bret

00 4X4 Dak Sport