RE: RE: Re: Now tight is too tight?

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 08:05:33 EDT

Terry,
Let me double check my service manual. I believe there are (3) other marks
cut into the harmonic balancer besides the one for TDC. If I remember
correctly, you can just rotate the crank and line these four marks up for
TDC on each cylinder. Let me double check and get back to you.
I cheated when I did mine. I had the intake off and just looked at when the
lifters were sitting on the base of the cam.
What I was referring to in my earlier email was in setting the distributor
for the fuel synchronization. I had my distributor out when I replaced my
cam. When reinstalling it, I didn't get it aligned properly so the 'ol Dak
would not quite start. The distributor doesn't adjust the timing anymore.
It only syncs' up the fuel injection with the coil firing. All timing is
taken care of now through the PCM. Hope this helps a little. Let me know
if this helped or just confused you more. :'B
Rich