Chrysler's quality control sucks.

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 09:03:54 EDT

   Chris, this doesn't sound like anything that happened during manufacture.
It sounds like your truck was damaged (ie: backed into something) by the
shipping company or the dealer itself. I worked at a dealer for several years
and you'ld be surprised how many vehicles need some kind of paint or body work
right after they roll off the truck. The damage you describe is indicative of
a backup up impact to one corner of the rear end. The box will miss-align
rather easily in this way and can be re-aligned easily as well. (I speak from
experience here, had a former friend do just that to my '85 3/4 ton Ram then
try to deny it. It tagged the back of the cab an inch and a half higher than
it normally sits). The frame and box will flex and move an amazing amount
during impact. In any case, I don't think you should be dissin' DC's quality
control because I beleive the chances for that type of damage to be done by
the factory personel is unlikely. The units are inspected right at the end of
the production line and driven out to a lot where they are turned directly
over to the shipping company. If it were me I'd bet the dealer did the damage.
Or they don't do a good job of inspecting their incoming stock because if they
noticed it come off the truck that way then the shipper pays to fix it.