Re: 1/4 mile track suggestions

From: blackdak (blackdak@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 09:57:29 EDT

Do not burn out unless you are using slicks, which I assume you aren't. Also
do not drive through the water box, drive around if they will let you. It
gets the tires wets so they spin easier (again only for slicks), the last
thing you want with street tire on a pick up is something to make it spin
easier. If you actually see the green light before you hit the gas you didnt
launch properly. I used to go to Empire Dragway in Liechester? (pronouced
Lester) NY. Every Wednesday night for run-what-ya-brung night, lots of fun.

Gary Granger

2000 DAKOTA CLUB CAB 4X4 SLT PLUS
Exterior Color: Black Clear Coat w/Light Driftwood Satin Glow
Interior Color: Agate, Interior Seats: Cloth High-Back Buckets
Rear Gear: 3.55
Engine: Next Generation 4.7L Magnum V8
Transmission: Multi - Speed Automatic
Optional equipment: EVERYTHING, except Full time 4 wheel drive, and 4 wheel
anti-lock brakes, and leather interior.
Mopar Accessories: sill guards, bug deflector, folding bed cover, spare tire
lock,
mud flaps.
Mods: PowerTrax No-Slip extreme traction differential, Silibalde Wipers
100/80W Hella Bulbs w/30 amp headlight relays.