Chrysler's quality control sucks. ATTN: TIM KOTH

From: Christopher Freiburger (cfrybrgr@andersontire.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 12:39:12 EDT

I don't know Tim, I wouldn't doubt what your saying is true when dealers
recieve vehicles in but we checked (my personal mechanic and I) from stem to
stern and we could not see any indication of a hit on the bumper or anywhere
on the back side of the truck. Even when I took it back to the dealer I
didn't say a word at first I just let them make their own conclusion to how
it happened and they blamed the factory. Maybe they are just trying to
cover their own ass' but like I said there was no indication that it had
backed up into anything. The whole corner where the two ends meet on the
box where the paint chipped off was turned upwards - how the hell did it get
like that? Whoever did do it is obviously not going to take credit for it
be it the factory or the dealership. The reason I have to believe what the
dealer said is that it is owned by my best friend's family whom we purchased
6 vehicles from now. Because I have put over 3,000 km they say they can't
send it back plus the fact I've already started modifying the truck. The
experience as a whole is just disappointing, as my last Dak (98') was
nothing but a target as it was involved in about 4 accidents and this was my
opportunity to start over. I havn't had it for 3 weeks yet and it has
already been painted. There are a couple other shitty spots on the truck
one on the tail gate (inside) and one on the top corner of the roof where
there are little lumpies like dirt or hair or somthing under the paint. The
box is going to get a spray in liner so I'm not too worried about it and the
roof you can barely see it. I just figure for the money I spent I should
have gotten a better product to start with...

Anyone in ONTARIO have any recommendations where to take your truck for a
spray in bed liner? PRICES? COMMENTS? All would be appreciated - Cheers!

Chris