Re: Several Questions and need help

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 11:36:24 EDT

> First. When driving at night and i turn on my lights and the dashboards
does
> its little glowing thing...welll lately at the top near the 65mph area its
> dead....it dosent light up...what gives?
>
> Second, I'm wanting to cut my cat off....but i like outdoors i'm thinking
of
> going with a "performace" cat(plus dont wanna get caught anf pay a fine)
Any
> recomidations?

Yes, please dont cut the convertor off, go with the hi-flow cat.....they are
priced very well in Summit/Jeg's compared to buying a replacement 'normal'
flowing catalytic converter from a muffler shop.

> Third, Under the hood where is a 12-volt accesoory? Thats the finall part
> hookin up my air-horns and i can find one. and the orginal one the stock
> horn was hooked up to does not work for it. I also tried temporalary
hookin
> my stock horn up but got no sound (i dont like driving without horn) What
> gives?

Do you mean where is a 12V accessory at the fuse panel/block? Obviously you
want a 12V accessory which is constantly hot, so the horn will work with and
without the key being in the ignition. I would suggest going straight to the
battery for a power source and using an automotive relay to help
control/distribute the power.

> Fourth, how long do oil pumps last?Do they just decide to die or should
you
> replace them so many miles?

Well my Dak has 121,000 miles on it with zero oil pump problems, oil
pressure guage has not changed in pressure since I bought the truck. Good
Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6