Re: MPI installed

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 06:53:03 EDT

At 12:53 AM 4/16/00 EDT, you wrote:
>Did you feel like you lost any low end?

Subjective impression ... a bit with a big 'but'.
The computer has not had enough time to adjust to this mod.
I'll be going to the track today and it's about a 45-minute
drive (highway and through a couple small towns) ...
this should be enough time for the adjusting. I did observe
that the rpm needle on the tach rose quicker to 3000 rpm.

If I had to make a comparison, the low end impression was similar
to the one I got after I had put on the headers. Before the headers,
it was quite easy to squeal the tires (all seasons) from a stop ...
after the headers, squealing would take more pedal pressure
and I noted again that the rpm needle rose more quickly.
On the track though, this feeling did not prove to be the
case as the 60' and 330' (more relevant if interest
is in street driving) times were not longer but shorter.

Comparison results with this as the only mod change, both at the track
and on the dyno, will be coming by the end of the month.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.