Re: Freakin' Valvoline!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 17:09:10 EDT

Yep, we check and inflate the tires if hubcaps and vavlestems allow us. most
of the time, we inflate truck tires to 35.

I really hate this, but Valvoline's weakness lies right there. The Computer
person and the guy that works on your car is usually two different people,
and sometimes, they guy that works on your car is lazy and doesn't do it, but
the guy on the computer will have assumed that it has been checked.

It does suck and gets a little repetative, and sometimes, it worries me that
some things aren't checked. I do everything by the book, because I'd want
someone else doing it if they were working on my car.
-Dester

PS. did you know... that you can actually file claims with valvoline?
Say... you bring your vehicle back there and tell them that you aren't "100%
satisfied" since they didn't perform ALL the services and most of the time
they'd have to redo your service, or refund you money?

Sad thing is, people take advantage of the system, and some people bring in
their old leaking 88 cars, have us change the oil, and 2 months later, come
back and say we didn't put enough oil in their vehicle and try to get us to
buy them a totally new engine.

<< Another Valvoline question for you, Dester. The printout/reciept that
 lists all the services performed has "check air pressure" listed, and
 marked that it was checked. Do you check the tires on cars you work
 on? I know for a fact that they did not do this on mine, but I didn't
 say anything because I did it myself yesterday when I rotated them (and
 bled about 7 pounds out of each - last time I added air it was 35
 degrees, it was 75 yesterday, the pressure was about 10 pounds high).