1973 Darkota?

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 20:38:59 EDT

OK I am planning on hacking up my old 88 premag dakota and mating it with
my 1973 dart swinger. Since I have already put the A-518 trans in the
dakota and a new six i am planning on running this for a while. How hard
would it be to convert the dart to a full frame vehicle, or should I
somehow take the framerails and attach them to the unibody, of course
how? I like the brakes, suspension, steering of the dakota and would like
to retain all of these, this is why I figure swapping the front half of the
dakota is the best thing for me to do, but does anyone have any ideas. The
initial measurements show the dakota being within about an inch and a half
of width of teh dart's origional dimensions. I als know i can use spindles
or springs to lower it if neccesary. Am I crazy? Mike and any others
swapping in a 360, I have a 360 that will end up in the dart probably next
year, (very mild) so what needs to be done so that the 360 bolts up to the
tranny where it sits now and is secure. are newly fabbed motormounts the
way to go? Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I had
planned to cut the darts suspension and "frame" off, and to take the dakota
down to the frame and engine/tranny, cut the daks frame down by a half and
box it to stiffen it, then take the dart and have it attached to this
smaller part of the frame. does this make sense?

Oh well i am now confusing myself,
Thanks in advance,
Chris Lambert

'00 CC 4.7 5-sp in need of new tires (at least the rears)