Re: Ordering New SLT

From: Todd Abernathy (t_abernathy7@juno.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 12:17:55 EDT

When I ordered most of the dealerships said a $500 deposit was required,
one wanted $1,000.
I have not done a trade-in, but check out a magazine called Kiplinger's.
This time of year they do a whole issue called a new car and truck
buyer's guide. It has lots of good info for all aspects of buying and
trading. If the issue is not on the newsstands yet or if you missed it,
you can call them at 800-544-0155 or 888-547-5464 to order an issue or
check your library.
It took 30 days for my ordered truck to come in, I picked in up the next
day after they prepped it.
You have to be a Farm Bureau member for 30 days before taking delivery to
get the discount.
As far as I know only one discount can be taken, but check with your
dealership.
Also, I would agree with Kevin, check out the prices you are getting
quoted against on line prices. I disagree with Steven, based on my
buying experience and what I have seen since you can get a better price
from a dealership than on the web. This may very by region and
competition between dealerships in different areas. But you will have to
haggle and work the dealership prices against one an other. I brought
mine a month ago at $100 under invoice.
Unless, you really like chrome, I would suggest comparing what you want
option wise in the Sport package and the SLT package. You might be
paying for something in the SLT package you really don't care for or the
Sport might have items you want. When I priced them, with the same
equipment, I found I would be paying more for the SLT, but not getting
the wheel fares that are part of the Sport package.
Good luck.
Todd
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.