READ!! Update; Dealer Damaged Truck READ!!

From: Yllwdkta@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 11:56:59 EDT

An update of the damage caused by the Dealer. (read
below the line at the bottom if you don't remember)

I just took my dkta in to have the dealer look at the
damage they did to my truck when replacing my carpet.
The tech. advistor was shocked and showed it to his
manager. They mgr said they will repair it. I told
him I want whole new door panels. He didn't say much
to that but was going to take my truck now. I just
wanted them to look at it and I would bring it back
when the parts came in. I told them I would need a car
and they refused so I argued to get one since this is
not warrenty this the dealers fault. They gave me a
GEO METRO. What the heck i own a 17,000 dollar truck
and they are going to give me a METRO! Besides I can't
even fit in one I'm 6'-4". They said thats all they
could give me.(I saw lots of 2000 dakotas demo truck i
could of taken but no) They decided to give me a KIA
Sportage (piece of crap) but oh well at least I got a
car out of them. Well I told them that I better
receive new door panels. The scratches are really
deap. I don't want cheap looking filler in the
scratch. Tell me what you think? Am I wrong?

Thank you very much for letting me vent. I'm sorry but
i have not been able to talk to my girlfriend or
anybody elso so this is letting of a whole lot of
steam. Please email me back whith sugesstions since i
know they will fill the scrathces with filler that will
look tacky.

I just got my truck back from getting new carpet
installed (premature wear on
a 99). I guess when they took the seats out they ran
the mounting brakets
down the door panels and took a huge chunk out. Can
you beleive that they
never told me about it (well i can but this is
horable). I happened to find
it since i was unloading my truck from the passengers side. That is horable
bussiness practiceses if they never had the balls to at least tell me what
happened. I don't care if they made a misstake and hit the panel but atleast
tell me about it. I already hate the dealer and now this. I can not beleive
my luck. Just thought that i would tell you all how much i hate the dealer!!

thanks for letting me vent,
Tim