Re: MPI low end

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 17:04:38 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/00 8:02:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tigers@bserv.com
writes:

> Thanks for the tip. If I could nail down the problem with the shifts
> (started after the Transgo kit install with manual shifting at WOT only)
> I'd try it that high.

I have the B&M Mega shifter (floor mount ratchet shifter) You just bang the
next gear. The only thing you could do wrong ( and I have done it) is shift
one too many times and hit neutral. From 1st you slam it forward to second it
stops at 2nd then you slam it again and it stops at 3rd, now if you hit it
again it will go to neutral but you cannot go to reverse or park unless it is
in drive and you pull up on a separate handle. I have the car one (a little
shorter than the truck one) and it was a challenge to put in but does work
very well. It also has the line lock button in the shift handle (a option). I
didn't care for shifting the column shifter too easy to screw up. Should you
ever consider a Mega shifter let me know and I'll give ya some tips.

<<Man, I would be tickled pink to run a 14.6!!! Have to be satisfied for
now with a 0.507 reaction time.>>

.507 WOW what happened ? You didn't go for another red light and was just too
slow to get it was ya :-) :-) Just jealous :-) I don't get many .5's either
6's , 7's or red lights :-)

<<Will post as info. comes in.>>

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.

TTYL