RE: RE: RE: Pictures with winch...(DAVID)

From: Brown, Mike (CAD) (MBrown@ciena.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 12:21:50 EDT

Thanks David!

-----Original Message-----
From: David's Dakota [mailto:dakota@ivyleague.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 12:18 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: RE: RE: Pictures with winch...(DAVID)

>> David,
>>
>> How were you able to get that Manik Grill Guard
>> to fit with a body lift?
>> I have a 3" Body lift and a 3" Rancho suspension. I
>> ended up ordering the Westin
>> Safarri bar instead. I was told I would have to
>> "Modify/Weld" in order to fit the
>> grill guard because of the body lift...

That is true...it me and a buddy that has a very complete auto
shop 6 1/2 hours to modify/fabricate and install the grill guard
to accomodate the body lift. It would not have taken so long
except that I knew it had to withstand the stresses of winching.

When I first got my truck I looked at alot of bumpers and grill
guards for one that could handle a winch and choose the Manik
because of the fact it is a one piece and I the quality looked
pretty good.

If I had it to do over, I think I would work something out with
Kyle at Kennesaw Mountain ( www.kenmtn.com ) on making one of his
Wincher front bumpers for a Gen III Dak...I have ordered two of
his front NoseGuards for Jeeps and one Multi-Carrier...and he was
able to make them a custom fit with my three inch body lift on my
Wrangler.

David Martin
98 SC 5.2l 4x4

My trucks email: