Re: Re: DML Pictures with winch

From: Jon Steiger (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 15:53:26 EDT

At 03:11 PM 4/19/00 -0400, you wrote:
>My comments were not uncalled for--i say what i believe and you can all say
>what you believe and if thats a problem then give me hell boys! Yes it is
>the worst Dak i have ever seen--ive never seen another dak with such tacky
>accessories on it.

    Then you haven't seen very many Daks!!! Look, there are all sorts of
people in this world, and one guy's idea of a nice truck is not necessarily
everyone's idea. I can't speak for David, but I have seen that truck in
action, and its not a "pretty truck" toy. It is a *REAL* truck, and David
treats it that way. All of the "tacky accessories" on that truck are
FUNCTIONAL. You know, grill and brush guard to protect the front end and
headlights, tail-light guards to (hmmm, this is a tough one...) protect the
tail-lights! Nerf bars to protect the doors... That custom back bumper
has a receiver hitch and monster tow rings (rated at 40,000lbs, I believe),
its one beefy piece of hardware! I've been off-roading with David, and
I've seen him smash up parts, then tear them off the truck and throw them
in the bed so he can keep goin'. :-) That's not everyone's cup of tea,
but I have more respect for a truck like that than some trailer queen. I
guess I could sort've understand your comments if those offroading
accessories were mounted on a lowered 2wd truck or were just cosmetic, but
I agree with the other posters; your comments were out of
line. Constructive criticism is one thing, but what the heck was your
message supposed to accomplish? It was nothing more than a flame, based on
one guy's opinion. The only possible outcome is a frenzy of hate mail and
negativity. That doesn't do anyone any good (most of all, yourself). If
you want to leave, I can honestly say it would be your loss, but that's
certainly your choice. If you decide to stick around though, please engage
the ol' noggin first before hitting that send button.

                                               -Jon-

   .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
   | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
   `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'