RE: Pictures with winch

From: David's Dakota (dakota@ivyleague.net)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 17:46:27 EDT

>> The front bumper assembly and wench...uhhh...winch.
>>
>> - Bernd

I sent this out earlier today when someone else asked me...but
for you Bernd I will go over it again.

Grill Guard is by Manik ( www.manik.com ), make sure you get the
one that is made for a winch mount, and retails for around $600 I
paid right close to $400 including shipping, it is large one
piece and can not ship via UPS.

The winch mount is made by same company and retails for $200, I
paid $150 for it.

The winch is a Warn X8000i and I actually got a really good deal
on it at $575, it usually goes for a little over $700.

The wench was/is my best friends sister who I decided I could not
live without and married her a little over five years ago...you
don't want to know how much that cost or the maintenance fees :-p

General note: there are not very many options for winch mountable
front bashers for our vehicles ( Gen III ) especially if you want
to go with a wrap-around style grill guard...the Manik is the
strongest one that I have seen...and I still would like it to be
stronger.

I would love to have an ARB Bull Bar for my Dak.

David Martin
98 SC 5.2l 4x4

My trucks email:
dakota@ivyleague.net