Re: DML:Re:Brake rotors

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 21:14:21 EDT

James Harmon wrote:

> The PowerSlot rotors are solid with slots carved in. They are $99 per rotor.
> You must use carbon metallic pads (new) when installing these. The Brembos are
> cross drilled and slotted. While a great idea for a lot of heavy braking
> similar to race conditions, the cross drilled rotors eat pads like crazy. And
> the carbon metallic pads are expensive ($60 per set). The rotors only go on
> the front. Your rear brakes are drums. Major custom mods to put the disc
> brakes on the back!!!!
>
> I have them on the DACUDA. The slotted rotors actually decrease stoping
> distance significantly. Feels more solid when braking on curves.
>
> I highly recommend them!!
>
> Jim

Jim,

Don't know if it's been mentioned on the list, but Stainless Steel
Brakes has their new rear disc kit out for the late model DAKS. Just
released about a month ago. Lists for $645. Simple bolt-on, no fab
required. I also ordered the optional slotted rotors to match the Power
Slots I'll be putting on the front. I'm anxiously waiting for the UPS
man to drop the kit on my porch. Hope to have it installed within a
couple of weeks.

Bob