Re: Thunderform

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 18:03:46 EDT

Let's see. How much "bass" production can be had with a 6.5" speaker? IF it
put out gobs of bass, then most sound competitors wouldn't use 12 or 15"
subs... instead they'd use a bunch of 6.5" speakers, but they don't...
there's a mix of tweeters, mids, and subs that blend in together... a
speaker and a woofer, and a subwoofer are 3 different kinds of sound
reproduction drivers.

I don't like (no flames please) how you said they are designed for low bass.
With a MTX thunderform, you actually hear more with low end extensions.
Like. The tweeters would sound brighter, and the mids will stick out a
little more.

I mean, it's like a dodge dakota if you think about it. you can buy a
inline 4, and it'd run, but you'd never be able (or even have the ability) to
keep up with faster cars. but then when you have a v8, you have that
ability, BUT.... you don't always have to use it. Get it? There are gain
controls on an amp that will limit the amount of power going to your subs,
hence, not making it AS boomy..

I mean, even if oyu pay the 300 dollar retail for the box, that's a great
deal. Go to an audio shop and ask how much they'd charge to build you a
custom box that fits, looks, and plays as well as the thunderform.
-Dester

PS. for sound quality. Get rid of the 2-MTX thunder 5000 subs and buy 2-10"
IDQ subs, it'll fit in the box exactly and will play cleaner (AND louder for
those times when you just need it there to impress the ladies, or gentlemen,
whichever your fetish is) Many DMLers on this list would tend to agree
with that statement

<< If you do not prefer "BIG BOOMY BASS" i wouldnt invest in the
 Thunderform.....they are designed for low bass and to get the best out of
 those speakers you would have to invest in an amp to push those subs. I
 personally think you would be better off replacing factor speakers with some
 Infinities or something similar. Thats just my opinion.

 Steven Kelley

 97 Flame Red CC V6 4x4 with Flowmasters (putting my THUNDERFORM in soon)