Subject: Re: i cracked my head

From: Hvcamaro@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 19:45:34 EDT

i'm searching bone yards for a low milage 3.9
but if i can't find one.i'll rebuild the lower end on my engine
once the heads are off i'll see what kind of shape the bottom end current
looks like.it's got 110k(non abused) miles on it.
if there's nothing wrong with it.i may even just leave it alone
i'm expecting on buying a new(er) truck within a year or two soo it won't
have to last for too many more miles.(has new timing chain,water
pump,hoses,thermostat)
as for the head work..i'm sending them out to a shop to have done.
they are basically the same design as 5.2/5.9 heads and the porting methods
are the same
i'm expecting to pay 6/8"s the price of having a v8 done
i plan on installoing larger intake valves with a 3 angle back cut
done..stiffer springs too for the cam
i might not do the roller rockers since i am doing a cam instead of the 1:7
ratio's, not much of a benifit there (other than some friction)
i'll hand port my intake manifold,i've already ported my TB
i've been debating the compression ratio..i think i just might bump it a
bit(through skimming the heads)
i don't wanna get it to where the computer can't compensate for the engine
mods..and i don't want to carborate it
i'm expecting to get the most power from better breathing heads a cam and
headers..the rest is just nitpicking