Durango R/T NICE... Gave me ideas...

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 17:42:47 EDT

Well I saw ym first Durango R/T
    Sittin at a "Local" dealership, it was that Dark Purple color, freakin
NICE!
Anyways, I got to lookin at the tires (ya know the 17X9 with 275/60R17s) and
I measured them up,a dn used same measurement on my dakota, the hight ofthe
275/60R17 would be perfect m\for ym dakota, I wouldn't hav eto lower the
front at all, it would nicely fill the wheel well! the rear would need a 2"
drop (not a problem at all)

My question is, woudl a 17X9 fit a Gen 2 2wd Dakota without sstickin out/
would a 275/60R17 fit on a 17X8 rim? Lowering my truck is cool, the only
reason why I want to is to get rid of the fender gap, but if I can do it
without lowering (or ahveing 10" sidewalls) I am mroe than for it!

OK so maybe I have 2 questions, I hear a 2' drop will loose me about 1"
backspace, so would a 3" loose me 1.5 anda 4" 2??? I am wondering, if
anyone has a 8" wide rim if it doesn't stick out, whats the backspacing, does
the wheel itself make a difference on wether or not it sticks out?

    Greg