Re: Rocker install question

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 22:12:34 EDT

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000 20:01:59 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 13:33:50 -0400
>From: Terry Herrin <therrin@isaac.net>
>Subject: DML: Rocker install question
>
>I'm ready to start turning the engine over in order to position cyl. 1
>at TDC. I can't get to the crank pulley unless I either pull the fan
>or remove the shroud underneath. What have others here done in this
>situation? I'm thinking fan removal might be the better way to go, so
>I can turn the crank from the top?
>
>Terry Herrin
>99 FR CC R/T
>14.769 @ 91.43
>Wilmington, NC
>http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html

  Hi Terry,

  I used a remote starter switch, about $6 from autozone, etc.

  Connect a remote starter switch - find the connector on the single
brown wire at the rear of/under the battery, disconnect it and attach
one lead to the end going to the starter. Connect the other end to the
ground lug on the breaker box next to the batt (it won't function unless
connected here).

  Bump over the engine until the intake valve "just" closes on the
cylinder you are working on. This will insure that both valves are
safely closed. Now it's OK to pull the stock rockers from this
cylinder, install your rockers, and adjust them. Repeat 7 more
times.

--
'98 Amethyst Dakota RC R/T    '96 Black Impala SS
'96 S10 Project Truck (soon to be GN powered!)