4Wheelin' with a Sheriff

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 23:53:58 EDT

Ok, well after spending my entire morning trying to fix(I dont know how one
car can have so many frigin' coolant hoses blow in a year!!) my dad's work
car, 88 Taurus with a billion and some odd miles on it......I went to pick
some arrows up which I was having made from a good archery shop. Well this
shop is about 45 minutes to an hour south of my house. No biggie, nice day
and all. On my way home, I see the funniest thing...a County Sheriff's car
stuck in the grassy median, with a nice pile of dirt behind his rear tires
and guy trying to push the sqaud out. I just couldnt resist to help, as I am
looking to get into law enforcement, my brother is a cop, and I just thought
it was a the right thing to do. Well I pull over and the officer's uniformed
pants and boots are rather muddy, and the nice civilian who stopped was
pretty dirty as well. It rained pretty good the past 2 days, so the squad
didnt have any chance. Turns out he was clocking traffic and tried to pull a
u-turn in the grass to stop the vehicle....well the vehicle got away, hehe
luckly them. The officer said that a wrecker was coming, but I still offered
my assistance and he accepted. The front of the squad has the 'push-style
bumper' which alot of departments are using nowadays to help spin out
fleeing vehicles and protect the squad from un-necessary damage. I looked at
it and it was bumper and frame mounted, so I hooked up a small 10 tow strap
and didnt even need to put the Dak in 4WD, as the 10feet of tow strap got my
rear tires onto the gravel shoulder. A gently tapped the gas pedal and out
came the Sheriff's squad. We chatted about 10 minutes concering helping him
out, how much he appreciated it, and getting into law enforcement as a
job/career. Very nice guy, I bet I saved his butt and his ego....would have
been bad to have a fellow officer pull up to see that squad stuck! Nice to
have a Sheriff's Dept Officer's card to carry around! Now I have to go clean
the dirt/mud out my Dak......Miller Time.........
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6......with an attitude problem :)